5 Great Names. 1 Great Concept.
We give her the style and value she loves, for all the stages she’s on and all the stages she’s in. We are her Stage.
- Corporate Headquarters located in Houston, Texas
- Approximately 850 stores in 40 states across the US
- Average store size is 18,200 selling square feet
- Fiscal Year 2014 sales of $1.6 Billion
- Approximately 14,500 employees
- Opened 18 new stores in 2014
- In the 1920s, Palais Royal and Bealls are founded as Family Owned Businesses.
- In 1988, Three Bealls Brothers merged with Palais Royal to form Specialty Retailers Inc.(SRI), a private company based in Houston.
- In 1992, SRI acquired 76 store retail chain Fashion Bar of Denver, whose stores included a Juniors’ chain called Stage.
- In 1994, 45 Beall-Ladymon stores were acquired and the names were changed to Stage.
- In 1996, SRI acquired 34 Uhlman’s stores in Indiana, Ohio and Michigan.
- Later in 1996, the company went public under the name of Stage Stores, Inc.
- In 1997, Stage Stores purchased 246 store chain C.R. Anthony Company located in the South Central US and reopened under the Bealls and Stage logos.
- In 2001, Stage Stores is reorganized.
- In 2003, Stage Stores acquired Peebles, Inc. which operated 136 stores in 17 states, maintaining the Peebles name and administrative office in South Hill, Virginia.
- In 2004, Stage Stores exceeded $1.0 Billion in sales volume.
- In 2006, Stage Stores acquired the BC Moore chain of 78 locations in 4 states. Sixty-nine of these stores were reopened under the Peebles name and the remaining nine stores were closed.
- In 2009, Stage purchased the Goody’s name through the Goody's bankruptcy auction. The Company began using the Goody's name in select markets in which there is strong customer awareness and recognition of the name.
- In 2010, Stage Stores launched its eCommerce website
- In 2011, Stage Stores launched Steele’s, its off-price concept
- In 2012, Stage Stores launched its new private label credit card loyalty program with enhanced cardholder benefits; launch was accompanied by reissue of over 2 million credit cards
- In 2013, Stage Stores consolidated its South Hill administrative office into its Houston headquarters
- In 2013, Stage Stores replatformed its eCommerce website with enhanced functionality; site goes live in time for holiday shopping period
- In 2014, Stage Stores sold it’s Steele’s off-price division
2425 West Loop South
Houston, Texas 77027